Vogue Williams shares her recipe for apricot and cranberry sugar-free flapjacks, saying: “These are an easy-to-make, healthy alternative to the sugar-laden commercial versions.”
You will need:
200g Medjool dates
100g sugar-free stewed apple
3 over-ripe bananas
50g sliced almonds
1 tsp almond extract
500g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- In a food processor, purée the dates and apple sauce until smooth, then put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the bananas and, using a potato masher, mash them into the mixture.
- Add the apricots, cranberries, sliced almonds and almond extract.
- Fold in the oats – the mixture should be firm but still moist.
- Line a 10×6-inch baking pan with parchment paper, add the mixture and smooth out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool and cut into squares.
Taken from Everything: Beauty. Style. Fitness. Life by Vogue Williams (Hachete Books Ireland)